What to choose as a career after 12th Science is the biggest question that runs in every students mind. Parents too loose their peaceful sleep after their child clears 12th science board exam. Actually there are hundreds of options available to the students of 12th science stream. But without proper knowledge and guidance about the right option it does become difficult and confusing for both the students and their parents to select the suitable option for a bright career.
In this article information have been provided about Top 10 career after 12th science that will help students to choose what is best career optionsafter 12th for them.
The term Science is actually used in a broad sense and it has two forms under its umbrella: Pure Science and Applied Science. Again science can be divided into two more sub categories namely: Maths category and Biology category. There are various graduation and professional courses available to the students as career after 12th science. Choosing a career options after 12th science is very promising as the scope for science student is very high and opportunities are always knocking at the door if they select right field of career matching with their natural talent. According to now-a-days market trend professionals with science background are always on high demand not only in home but also in abroad. The two most popular and most sought career options after 12thscience in India are Engineering and Medical.
For those who has a keen interest in Medical can opt for courses: MBBS or Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Those who wish to have a career in biology will surely agree this to be the best career option. Other options available in the Medical Field are: BDS (Bachelor of Dental surgery) and BAMS or Bachelor of Ayurveda medicine and surgery, Physician, Optometrists, Dental Surgeon, Pharmacists, Nursing and a lots of others
Students with interest in Math and Physics or chemistry can get into Engineering Field. There are many choices available in this field for specialisation like Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical, Bio-Medical, Information Technology, Marine, Electronics and telecommunication and many others. Engineering is by far the best career options after 12th science with a bright future.
Some other opportunities available to the students after 12th science are the following:
Agriculture Known to be the mainstay of Indian economy Agriculture includes Dairying, Poultry Farming and Horticulture apart from production of Fruits, Vegetables and food grains. In this field there are many options available like research and teaching. one can select among these courses after 12th science in agriculture;-
1. B. Sc in Agriculture. 2. B.Science in Agricultural Eco and Farm management 3. B. Sc inAgricultural Meteorology 4. B. Sc inAgricultural Biotechnology 5. B. Sc inAgricultural Statistics 6. B. Sc inAgronomy 7. B.Sc (Agriculture Mktg and Business Management) 8. B.Sc (Bio-chem and Agricultural Chemistry) 9. B. Sc inCrop Physiology 10. B. Sc inEntomology 11. B. Sc (Hons) in Agriculture
Forensic Science The field of Forensic science involves investigating of a crime with the help of applying scientific principles. These are degrees and diplomas after 12th for students who is interested in forensic science as career options after 12th.
1. B. Sc in Forensic Sciences
2. B. Sc in Life Science, Chemistry, Forensic Science
3. Diploma in Criminology and Forensic Science for Police personnel
4. B.Sc in Forensic Sciences
5. Diploma in F/Sciences (Ballistics and Finger Prints)
6. Diploma in Forensic Science (Cyber Crimes)
7. Diploma in Forensic Science (Computer Forensics)
Bio Technology The field of Biotechnology is totally a combination of biology with modern technology, which produce result in alter cells to manipulate them as required. It helps scientists to develop treatments for various diseases and very helpful to humans and other living forms. Biotechnology used in a variety of fields like Environmental, Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, Energy and Chemical. These are the degrees and diplomasafter 12th in biotechnology:-
1. B.Science in Biotechnology
2. B. Scin Biotechnology and Bio informatics
3. B.E. in Biotechnology
4. B.Tech (Industrial Biotechnology)
5. Diploma in Biotechnology
Geology Geology is the study of earth and everything related to its structure, processes including study of organisms inhabited on earth. Geology also comprises study of oceanography, hydrogeology, geostatistics. Interest and study in this field may get you the chance to work with the environmental consultant companies, non profit organisation, natural resources consultant and companies, Universities and government agencies and Geological survey of India. These are the degrees and diploma after 12th in geology:-
1. B. Science in Geology
2. B.Sc (Hons) Geology
3. PG Diploma in Environmental Geology
4. PG Diploma in Engineering Geology
5. PG Diploma in Geology (Ground water)
Zoology It deals with the study of living and extinct animals their evolution, structure, behavior, function and interaction with environment. Zoology is diverse and broad field which includes studies of mammals, insects, birds, amphibians, reptiles, fishes and a lot of other. One can become zoologist, lecturer, ornithologist and even wildlife expert after studying in this branch of science. These are degree in zoology while considering career after 12th science:
1. B. Sc in Zoology
2. B.Science (Hons) in Zoology
3. B. Science in Aquaculture (Fishery Microbiology)
4. B. Sc in Advanced Zoology and Biotechnology
5. B. Sc in Zoology and Animal Biotechnology
Food Technology Food Technologist demand is growing day by day as rise in demand for packaged food and its long preservation due to many modern changes in food habbits. Food technology deals with the scientific understanding about foods we eat and what are the actual production process to make foods, packaged and preserved. A degree in this field can get one the job of Food Quality controller, Research Officer, Packaging manager and a lot of others jobs. Students may go for food technologycourses after 12th science;
1. B. Sc in Food Preservation and Processing
2. B. Sc in Food Processing
3. B. Sc in Food Processing and Technology
4. B. Sc in Food Storage, Preservation and Food Tech.
5. B. Sc in Food Technology (Bio-Chemical Engineering)
6. Diploma in Fish Processing Technology
7. Diploma in Sugar Technology
Microbiology This field is study of living organisms which may be a cell cluster, single cell or may be no cell at all, these are invisible to naked eye such as fungi, bacteria and viruses. There are many types of different microbiology. But Medical microbiology is well known as it deals with the human illness. Other Microbiology includes food microbiology, environmental microbiology and veterinary microbiology. There are ample of career opportunities and jobs for Microbiologists in Pharmaceutical, Food, Research and development laboratories in hospital, Beverage and chemical industries, Research organisations, Agriculture and Health care research.
1. B.Science in Microbiology
2. B.Science (Hons) in Microbiology
3. Diploma in Clinical Microbiology
4. Diploma in Clinical Pathology
5. Diploma in Industrial Microbiology
Now without getting confused and with the above suggestions move
forward to choose a career path according to interest and abilities.